Ghent | Development | Full-time
Senior Software Engineer
Activating employee sentiment data to personalize employee experiences.
In this role, you will be at the forefront of driving the technical excellence of our platform. You will be responsible for ensuring that our software solutions are designed and developed to the highest standards, and that our engineering team is equipped with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. This will provide you with a sense of personal satisfaction and fulfilment as you work towards achieving our company's technical goals.
If you're looking for a role that offers technical challenge, personal development, learning opportunities, and the chance to make a meaningful impact, then we encourage you to apply for this exciting senior software engineer position. You will be a key member of our engineering team, driving innovation, and helping to shape the future of our platform.
What you'll be doing
- You help define and enhance the architecture of our different products (Web, API, Mobile, backend,…)
- Extend the front- and back-end Wenite platform (Vue) and the mobile app.
- Link up and integrate services in the back office system (Nodejs, AWS).
- Share your own knowledge and experience with your colleagues, in order to lift the entire team to an even higher level.
- Document and write automated tests.
- Report to and spar with the CTO about technical challenges.
- (optional) You can take a junior developer under your wing and guide him/her through the development of both small and large functionalities and assist them in their personal and professional development.
What you'll Bring
- Experience running the full software development lifecycle.
- Vue.js and Node.js.
- NoSQL databases and familiar with GraphQL
- You have experience with AWS stack (Amplify, Lambda, DynamoDB, ...)
- Your development skills extend past coding. You are able to create modern, scalable web/mobile application architectures that work.
- Experience with agile development.
- Experience working in a high-growth, (SaaS) startup, and scale-up environment.
- Experience with Tailwind UI.
- Familiarity with Terraform/infra as code is appreciated.
- Some knowledge of headless CMS systems such as Contentful, Prismic, Sanity, ...
- Experience with design hand-off tools such as Zeplin or Figma.
- You consider security a vital aspect and have a deep interest in security-related concepts (HTTPS, JWT, OpenSSL, CSRF, XSS, SQL Injection, OAuth…).
Considered as a plus
What do we offer to make you thrive
- Competitive compensation packages.
- The flex desk is in our vibrant office in Ghent we are residing @ WATT the firms
- Flexibility to work remotely, from where you want.
- Amazing no-bullshit culture & colleagues.
- Plenty of learning opportunities and programs to further develop yourself.
- The possibility to develop an innovative product in a new market within an international context.
- Encouragement to take on new challenges, learn and grow.
- A supportive and inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusivity.
Join a company that values creativity, collaboration, and innovation.
Look forward to hearing back about your resume in the next two weeks.
Take a deep dive into our company culture and meet the team
Schedule a chat with us to discuss the role and how you're a great fit